The Media Student Category is open to:
- *Students ages 15-35 years old (before 31 Dec 2020) and currently enrolled in a media related course/module at any Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) in Singapore
- *IHL graduates (between 31 May 2019 and 30 April 2020) from a media-related course/module at any Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) in Singapore
- *Singaporean/PR, or valid student pass holder – proof of identity for verification may be required, and must be produced upon request.
- A media-related course/module refers to (including without limitation) the following fields: Acting, Animation, Cinematography, Directing, Producing, Documentary Filmmaking, Production Design, Screenwriting, Sound Design, Sound Mixing, Video Production, Video & Sound Editing and Visual Effects
Ensure you have read through the terms and conditions before you submit your films.
- All submissions must be submitted via the online submission form. Any other forms of submission will not be accepted.
- All submissions must be received no later than 2359hrs (GMT +8) on 30 April 2020.
- All submissions are required to be uploaded onto the platform listed on the online submission form. Both URL and password (if any) must be provided.
- All non-English submissions must have English subtitles.
- Other than professional actor(s) engagement, the Applicant will be required to disclose in the submission form should the submission be outsourced to a company or professional individual for completion or enhancement.
- Upon request, the Applicant or shortlisted Applicant (otherwise known as “Shortlisted Nominees”) would be required to submit ungraded raw footages, original screenplay or storyboard to facilitate the jury process.
- Without prejudice to any other provision herein contain, each submission hereunder must be an original work. It must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual properties of any person or entity.
- Submissions must not contain obscene or pornographic material; must not contain threatening or defamatory statements about any person, company, organisation or entity; must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, company or entity; and must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations.
Container Format: QuickTime (.mov)
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (16:9 letterbox or pillar box if film is in another native aspect ratio)
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 PROGRESSIVE
Frame Rate: 24 or 25 FPS only
Audio: Stereo Channels, AAC codec, 48kHz sample rate
Maximum Duration: 30 minutes including opening title and closing credits
Not a media student? SUBMIT YOUR FILM under the Open Youth Category