TERMS AND CONDITIONS (the “Terms and Conditions”)
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMISSION.
The National Youth Film Awards (the “NYFA”) is organised by *SCAPE Co. Ltd (the “Organiser”) to set a National Standard and recognise the young and emerging student filmmakers who demonstrate high levels of skill in their respective craft areas.
ELIGIBILITY OF SUBMISSION
To participate in NYFA, you must satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- The Media Student Category is open to:
- full-time student(s) who are under the age of 35 (before 31 December 2018);
- who is/are residing in Singapore;
- and is/are currently enrolled in a media-related course/module1 at any Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) in Singapore.1A media-related course/module refers to (including without limitation) the following fields: video production, visual effects, animation, sound design, video & sound editing, sound mixing, screenwriting, cinematography, production design, acting and documentary filmmaking.
- IHL graduates (between 17 April 2017 and 18 May 2018) from the above media-related course/modules are also eligible to participate
- Submissions must be produced between 17 April 2017 and 18 May 2018 during the course of enrolment at the IHL. Submissions produced during attachment and/or internship period within an organisation or agency will not be eligible to participate
- Only live action, documentary and animation films are accepted for submission for the Media Student Category.
- The maximum duration is 20 minutes including opening title and ending credits.
- A submission may be disqualified from the corresponding award it is being considered for (e.g. postproduction, sound design, visual effects, etc.) should the submission be outsourced to a company or professional individual(s) for completion or enhancement.
- Shortlisted Nominees may be required to submit documentation from the IHL as proof that the submission is produced during the course of enrolment at the institute.
- A submission may be submitted by the Course Manager, Supervising Lecturer or a Student Representative on behalf of the team. The above hereinafter all referred to as the “Applicant”. Each Applicant may submit more than one (1) film.
- The NYFA is non-exclusive. Submissions made to other film competitions (within or outside Singapore) may be eligible for participation.
- Submissions for the Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Original Music Awards will be judged alongside entries from the Open Youth Category. Films submitted for these categories must therefore fulfil only the following criterias:
- BEST ACTOR & BEST ACTRESS AWARD CATEGORIES
- These awards are applicable to an actor or actress under the age of 35 (before 31 December 2018) and is residing in Singapore during the time when the submission is being produced.
- BEST ORIGINAL MUSIC CATEGORY
- The work must be created specifically for the eligible short film.
- Only the principal composer(s) or songwriter(s) under the age of 35 (before 31 December 2018), who is/are residing in Singapore and is/are also responsible for the conception and execution of the work as a whole shall be eligible for the award.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Participation in the NYFA is subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, and any other terms and conditions set out on the NYFA website at www.scape.sg/nyfa (as may be amended from time to time and hereinafter referred to as the “Terms and Conditions”). All details on how to enter NYFA and any requirements for the submissions shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the NYFA, each Applicant will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Each Applicant warrants that:
- he/she has the legal capacity to participate in NYFA in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and the information submitted is true, complete and accurate; and
- he/she possesses the exclusive rights to each submission hereunder (including but not limited to the script(s) and music, etc) and that no submissions shall infringe the intellectual property, privacy or other rights or interest or any third party or may result in any liability; and
- each submission will not contain anything that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening or otherwise offensive or objectionable.
- The Applicant understands and accepts that personal particulars and information stated in the online submission form and any information supplied may be used and disclosed by the Organiser for purposes in connection with the promotion, marketing, publicity and obtaining sponsorship. In addition, the Applicant consents to the Organiser collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing any and all personal data submitted for various purposes, including communication with the Applicant, sending the Applicant marketing and advertising materials from the Organiser or its business partners, and conducting market research and statistical analysis.
- The Applicant shall indemnify and keep the Organiser indemnified from and against any and all losses, damages, claims and/or costs (including costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by the Applicant as a result of your breach of any of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with Singapore laws. The Applicant irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
- No third party shall have any rights to enforce any of the provisions under the Terms and Conditions against the Organiser under the Contracts (Rights of Third Party) Act of the Republic of Singapore.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend or vary any of the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- All submissions must be submitted via the online submission form on the NYFA website at www.scape.sg/nyfa. Any other forms of submission will not be accepted.
- All submissions must be received no later than 2359hrs (GMT +8) on Friday, 18 May 2018.
- All submissions are required to be uploaded onto the platform listed on the online submission form. Both URL and password (if any) must be provided.
- All non-English submissions must have English subtitles.
- Other than professional actor(s) and musician(s) engagement, the Applicant will be required to disclose in the submission form should the submission be outsourced to a company or professional individual for completion or enhancement.
- Upon request, the Applicant or shortlisted Applicant (otherwise known as “Shortlisted Nominees”) would be required to submit ungraded raw footages, original screenplay or storyboard to facilitate the jury process.
- Without prejudice to any other provision herein contain, each submission hereunder must be an original work. It must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual properties of any person or entity.
- Submissions must be suitable for publication (i.e. must not contain obscene or pornographic material); must not contain threatening or defamatory statements about any person, company, organisation or entity; must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, company or entity; and must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations.
SHORTLISTED NOMINEES SUBMISSION FORMAT
A soft copy of the film will be required from Shortlisted Nominees. The required format is listed below:
||16:9 (16:9 letterbox or pillar box if film is in another native aspect ratio)
||1920 x 1080 PROGRESSIVE
||24 or 25 FPS only
||20 minutes including opening title and closing credits
PUBLICITY AND PROMOTION
- The Applicant hereby expressly and irrevocably consents to, and grants to the Organiser, its principals, agents, representatives, successors and/or assigns, the right to use his/her name, photographs, particulars, submissions at the Organiser associated programmes in any manner and in any media and formats in perpetuity throughout the world as the Organiser deems fit, including for publicity or promotional purposes. Such publicity may include without limitation the film(s) submitted for NYFA, the Applicant and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the Applicant, biographical information provided by the Applicant and/or any statement made by he/she concerning the Organiser, NYFA, and/or prizes.
- The Organiser shall not be obliged to include any Applicant in any publicity whatsoever. Each Applicant is obliged to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercise as may be conducted by the Organiser.
- No Applicant shall, without the prior written approval of the Organiser, make any personal appearance, give any interviews or allow exposure in any media (be it online, print, visual or audio) relating to NYFA or submit any such material for any other purposes.
- JUDGING PROCESS AND PRIZES
- Each submission is judged on the application of techniques as well as technical excellence (hereinafter all referred to as the “Quality of Craft”) during the production process across the Award categories.
- The selection and number of Judges and the manner in which NYFA is judged shall be at the Organiser’s sole and absolute discretion. Each Applicant shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by the Organiser in relation to NYFA, including and not limited to, the Terms and Conditions, evaluation criteria and the awarding of prizes. No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained.
- Any decision made by the Organiser in relation to the conduct of NYFA is final, binding and conclusive and will not be challenged on any grounds, including without limitation, grounds that the Organiser failed to act reasonably or fairly.
- The Jury reserve the right not to select a winning submission if none of the films are deemed to be of sufficient criterion.
- All winners will be announced during an Award Ceremony on Saturday, 28 July 2018. Shortlisted Nominees will be contacted beforehand via contact details submitted to the Organiser. Shortlisted Nominees must attend and be ready to collect their applicable Award(s).
For avoidance of doubt, any payment of the Award prize(s) to such Applicant shall be deemed as due receipt of the Award prize(s) by all its members of the submission.
- The winner shall not transfer, exchange or redeem any non-cash Award prize(s) won, and such prizes can only be used by the winner only at such times and may be subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by the Organiser or, if applicable, the Sponsors of NYFA. The winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she may be disqualified from receiving any prize(s) if he/she is not able or willing to abide by any Terms and Conditions which may be imposed by the Organiser or Sponsors of NYFA in relation to the Award prize(s), and in such event, the Organiser reserves the right to award the prizes to other winner(s).
- The winner’s refusal to accept any Award prize(s) (be it cash or non-cash) shall release the Organiser from all obligations in connection with the Award prize(s). In addition, the winner shall fulfil all obligations (if any) specified by the Organiser and Sponsors of NYFA.
- The Organiser does not undertake any responsibility for any delivery of sponsored Award prize(s). In the event that the Sponsor of NYFA fails or refuses, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer the prize or make good on its promise or offer to the Award prize(s) winner, the Organiser shall not be liable or be responsible for losses (of any nature whatsoever) arising from such failure or refusal.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any Applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Applicant has breached these Terms and Conditions, or on any grounds as the Organiser may in its sole discretion decide.