Interested in music scoring? Join LAB: Music Scoring for Media where you can be part of a mentorship programme to become an emerging music composer for film / commercials / ads. You can expect access to industry partners and have the opportunity to learn and develop with these established partners.
Registration period: 3 Oct 2022 – 19 Oct 2022
Programme period: 12 Nov 2023 – 11 Feb 2023
- Recognise the importance of music in film and media and the role composers play in the industry
- Outline the entire process of music scoring for film and media from project conceptualisation to delivery
- Apply basic and advance techniques and strategies in music scoring
- Examine problems and challenges in music scoring
- Devise solutions to problems and challenges in music scoring
- Create original music for film and media
- Work with mentors from the industry
- Registration is open to youths between the age of 15 – 35 years old of Singaporean / PR nationality.
- Applicants are to fill up all sections of the registration form.
- A write-up of less than 80 words of your interest in the programme.
- Share links to 1-3 past music scoring works for any projects with creative rationale / explanation of the works.
- Links should be in WAV. MP3. FLAC. MP4. M4V or MOV.
- You are required to obtain parental consent if you are below 18 years of age. A form will be sent to you via email.
Key Programme Dates:
Week 1: 12 Nov
Workshop #1: Introduction to Music Scoring for Film & Media + Onboarding to programme
Week 2: By 19 Nov
Weeks 3-4: By 3 Dec
Discussion on approach to tackle the project; Confirm music scoring direction and deliverables for project
Week 4: 10 Dec
Workshop #2: Techniques, Strategies and Problem-Solving in Music Scoring
Weeks 5-6: By 24 Dec
Sample/test scoring for selected scene(s); further discussion
Week 8: 7 Jan
Visit to film school (dates TBC)
Weeks 7-9: By 14 Jan
Samples of work-in-progress scoring for project; further discussion
Week 10: By 21 Jan
Close-to-final scoring for project; further discussion
Week 11: By 28 Jan
Submission of Project
11 Feb – Screening of excerpts of works produced by mentees