- What is the expected commitment for the programme?
While we expect consistent participation for teams to get the most out of their programme experience, we also realise that running a startup is a full-time commitment.
Our programme sessions are several hours per week of formal activities which are designed to complement and fast-track the work startups are doing to accelerate their business. Programme sessions will be a mix of in-person and virtual sessions (hybrid format) to enhance the programme experience.
- Who is eligible for the programme?
The ideal participants for our programme are creative youth, youth entrepreneurs and startups as the programme is designed to support youth in turning their ideas into creative and sustainable businesses.
At least one of the founders should be a Singaporean Citizen/ Permanent Resident and at least one founder should fall under the youth category (18 – 35 years old). For this sixth edition of the Creative Fellowship programme, we are looking at bringing together youth entrepreneurs that are working across any of the following pillars:
- Promoting Sustainable Living: Youth-led businesses working at the nexus of and promoting sustainable lifestyles (e.g. sustainable food, beverage and retail; sustainable agriculture, green systems and transport etc.)
- Enabling Community Growth: Youth-led enterprises that aim to improve the wellbeing of the society that they live in (e.g. education and life skills development; lifestyle, health and wellness; community infrastructure and development etc.)
- Amplifying Creative Voices: Youth using creative arts as an avenue to achieve their vision, spotlight sustainability and social issues, and/ or enable the production and consumption of the arts in a more sustainable manner (e.g. audio content creation, music, dance, visual arts, multi/interdisciplinary arts, social media etc.)
- Is there a limit to the number of founders that can participate in the programme?
To ensure that the cohort has the right mix and number of founders, we recommend a minimum of 2 (at least 1 co-founder) and a maximum of 5 members per startup to join the programme.
- What is the cost of the programme?
The programme is equity-free.
- What is the application process and what is the selection criteria?
Apply here by 31 August 2023, 12pm SGT. Please note that late and incomplete applications will not be considered. All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by email. The selection process involves initial screening and interviews to assess candidates will take place between 7th – 8th September with a panel of judges. Successful applicants will be notified in the week commencing 11th September 2023. Participants are selected based on Team, Solution, Stage of development and Business & Impact model. Our aim is to create a diverse and dynamic cohort that can contribute effectively to the programme.
Selection will be based on criteria including team strength, stage of development, solution impact, business model.
- How is the programme structured?
Successful applicants will get to attend 10 weeks’ worth of workshops/ masterclasses and networking events between September to November. This will culminate in a Demo Day and Showcase preliminarily planned for end November to early December. The weekly sessions will be conducted in a hybrid format, with at least half of the sessions being held-in person to enhance the programme experience. Please refer to the timeline for key dates here.
- What are the benefits of the *SCAPE Creative Fellowship programme?
- Workshops and masterclasses with experts in entrepreneurship, funding, finance, marketing, and more to equip startups with knowledge and skill sets to develop and test a minimum viable product
- Network with other innovators and entrepreneur peers
- The chance to network and meet with industry experts and mentors who can help
you develop and refine your business ideas
- Become a part of the *SCAPE and Google for Startups community with access to Google’s global startup programmes, technical or product experts, and Digital Resources (across marketing, people operations, tech, etc.)
- Access range of business and lifestyle perks